It's common knowledge that sitting for prolonged periods of time is bad for your health. "Sitting is the new smoking" has become a normal phrase, particularly in the corporate world. Most people know to stand and walk around or stretch at least once an hour when they are working. Products like Fitbit or a smart watch provide helpful alarm reminders not to stay sedentary for too long. You may have even heard of using a standing desk to boost your metabolism and protect your health.
Standing desks are growing in popularity. People who have spent years struggling against chronic pain at work or who are looking to boost their productivity are discovering that standing has the potential to transform their work experience. Are you curious about what a standing desk riser can do for you? Here are 5 unbelievable standing desk benefits!
5 reasons to use a standing desk
- 1Reduced Weight Gain. We all have that friend who started a desk job and immediately gained 15 pounds. Weight gain is a terrible side effect of corporate life. Invest in a standing desk to increase your metabolism and prevent those unwanted pounds.
- 2Reduce Back and Neck Pain. An adjustable standing desk allows you to customize the height of your desk for optimal pain relief. If you battle chronic pain then choosing a new desk could be life changing.
- 3Lowered Blood Sugar. Studies on blood sugar have shown that standing, as opposed to sitting, after lunch can reduce your blood sugar by as much as 43%!
- 4Improved Mood. A sedentary lifestyle puts you at risk for depression and anxiety. Finding simple ways to incorporate more activity into your day reduces your risk for depression and improves work satisfaction.
- 5Reduced Stress. Studies have shown that using a standing desk can reduce your stress and fatigue. Participants notices a return to their old mindset when they switched back to a traditional desk arrangement.
There are a wide variety of adjustable standing desk options on the market. If you're looking for an easy, affordable way to improve your health then take a look at our Work Upright Series! We love to connect with our customers so always feel free to contact us with any questions about which ergonomic solution is right for you.